The 10th Annual Marcie Mazzola Memorial 5K Run / Walk that was held on April 10, 2016 was a huge success. A $25,000 Grant was given to the Huntington YMCA to establish summer camp scholarships for underprivileged children.
Pictured with Nancy Mazzola are Eileen Knauer, Sr. VP & Chief Operating Officer, YMCA of Long Island and Betty Wood, Marcie Mazzola Foundation Board Member.
The Marcie Mazzola Foundation fulfills its mission by hosting innovative fundraising events. Proceeds from the events are distributed to various 501(c)3 organizations which are carefully screened to ensure that donated funds are maximized and used specifically to help children.
- EAC’s Suffolk County Child Advocacy Center
- Family & Children’s Association
- Family Service League
- Holiday House
- Huntington Hospital Healthier Tomorrows Program
- Huntington YMCA’s Summer Camp Program
- Island Harvest – Kids Backpack Feeding Program
- L.I. Against Domestic Violence
- LiveOnNY (formally New York Organ Donor Network)
- Long Island Advocacy Center
- Long Island Crisis Center
- North Shore Child & Family Guidance Center
- Pal-O-Mine Equestrian
- Ronald McDonald House
- Rose Brucia Educational Foundation
- Smile Train
- Splashes of Hope
- The Safe Center (formally Coalition Against Child Abuse & Neglect)
- Victims Information Bureau of Suffolk